31.10.23

Happy Halloween Happening Now Tasting: Granny's Precious

 

Like in the previous years I'd like to indulge my tongue with straight forward palatal confrontations in Happening Now style! This year with a little selection straight out of Granny's cellar! Let's just survive ... my tongue, I mean ;-)


Weingärtnergenossenschaft Rosswag-Mühlhausen Rosswager Halde Riesling Kabinett 1997

Colour: rich apple juice yellow with traces of residual sparkle

Nose: mildly oxidized industry sherry vibes, canned apricots mixed with a few fresh ones, cantaloupe, low grade honey, sage and medical toothpaste

Taste: Not bitter at all … quite a surprise, plain apricot juice, crude smoke, honey, caramel, iodine, flatlandish character paired with vivid acid without convincing harmony … however kind of dinkable … in case you really need something


Weingärtnergenossenschaft Rosswag-Mühlhausen Rosswager Halde Helfensteiner Kabinett 1998

Colour: freshly brewed rosehip tea mixed with some raspberry sirup with surprisingly radiant character

Nose: musk and nutmeg in extra … ordinary, busted 3 weeks open almond milk (with sugar) and candied black olives

Taste: sugarcane all over my tongue combined with blueberry lemonade driven by plenty of chemical E power, incinerated beef jerky, a bit rancid lactic, harsh acid intermingeling with tooth crushing sweetness. I could imagine somebody might actually drink this … not me I am afraid


Weingut Eberbach-Schäfer Lauffener Riedersbückele Lemberger Kabniett trocken 1996

Colour: coke like dark and soulless muted vibrancy

Nose: shoe shine and polish, varnish, moist ashtray, burning tumble weed, deemulsified chocolate and artificial sweetener

Taste: sorry, did not dare to put this stuff into my mug

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!

No comments: