14.4.08

Mexico: Traditional wines from the new world? Casa Madero Cabernet Sauvignon 2002

At the beginning I was quite pleased to see a very dense stinging dark red in my glass. The rim was slightly brown. The nose had a lot of power. Mainly paprika and dark pepper fragrances as well as some smoke and burned nuts. So far it was a rather nice and admitingly surprising experience. Unfortunately the taste swept the positive expression away. Astringent and crude acid, unpleasent bitterness, some petrol flavours and a weird impression of wet cellulose put my previous statement about the fragrance into perspective. Of course I could spot pepper and vanilla aromas as well, but these artificial flavours of cellulose (or somthing like that) destroyed my enjoyment. Two days later I've tried it again, but the disturbing aromas remained. Only some eucalyptus aromas, like Cabernet Sauvignons from Chile, developed a little bit. Maybe my bottle wasn't all right and I just got a wrong impression.


No comments: